AKA The Boring (But Important) Stuff
We care about you + your privacy. This policy explains how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information when you visit our site, social channels, or other products—collectively known as our services.
California residents, see our “California Privacy Notice” for more information about certain legal rights.
The Info We Collect + How
When you use our services, we automatically collect certain data about the device you're using (aka Device Information). This includes things like your IP address, time zone, and some cookies that are installed on your device.
As you browse, we also collect information about specific pages or products you viewed, what websites or search terms brought you to us, or how you’re interacting with our services.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Services, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Services.
How we collect Device Information:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files track actions that occur on our services and collect data including your IP address, browser type, and Internet service provider.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files that record information about how you browse our services.
When you place an order (or attempt to) we collect Order Information, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
From here on out, when we talk about Personal Information, we’ll be referring to both Device + Order Information. We acquire Personal Information through our own services and, at times, from third parties or other sources.
How We Use Your Personal Info
We use your Order Information to fulfill orders, process your payment information, arrange shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
We also use this info to communicate with you, screen orders for potential risk or fraud and—when you give us the green light—provide you with information or advertising relating to our products + services.
We use Device Information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, but also to improve and optimize our services. For example, we may use it to learn about how our customers interact with our site and to measure the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
How we share your personal info
From time to time, we might share your Personal Information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes or to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Services -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ or opt out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How To Opt-Out
At any time you may opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties and/or request to remove your Personal Information from our services. To do so, please email email@example.com or click on this “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, simply reply “STOP” to any of our text messages. For help, reply “HELP” or email us at email@example.com.
Right to Opt-Out/In: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. You also have the right to opt-in to the sale of Personal Information. Please see our “Notice of Right to Opt-Out” by clicking on this “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link for more information about your opt-out/in rights.
As mentioned above, we may use your Personal Information to create targeted ads or marketing communications that we think you’ll be into. For more on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
If you’d like to opt out of targeted ads, use the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your California Privacy Rights
Live in Cali? Head on over to our “California Privacy Notice” for more information about certain legal rights.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits consumers to request that their Personal Information not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their Personal Information is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org and are free of charge.
Third-Party Sites + Services
For your convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including unaffiliated third parties, our affiliates, service providers, or third parties with which we do business.
In Case of Business Transfer
If in the future we decide to sell or transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, your Personal Information may be disclosed and/or transferred to potential or actual third-party acquirers.
Things (and Changes) Happen
Our services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect information from those under the age of 16.
About SMS + Texting
You can elect to receive marketing + support text messages from us via our website or by sending a text message indicating your consent. By doing so, you agree to receive recurring text messages from us that use automatically-collected information based on your actions while using our services.
For example, after adding items to your cart, you may receive an abandoned cart message.
If you’d like to opt-out of receiving text messages from us, simply reply “STOP” to any message you have received. For help, reply “HELP” or email us at email@example.com.
The fine print:
- Messages are sent through an automatic telephone dialing system and frequency varies.
- This service is optional, and your consent is not a condition for purchase.
- In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s message and data rates may apply. Please consult your service carrier’s pricing plan to determine those charges.
- We are not responsible for any text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number.
- All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, excluding aggregators and providers of the Text Message services.
Get in Touch:
For more info about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you’d like to make a complaint, please reach out via e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Alex Mill Company LLC
270 Lafayette St, Suite 1005
New York, NY 10012, United States
Effective June 20, 2023